Sunday, January 31, 2016

Birthday Fun

It is so hard to believer that I am 63 years old.
My dad died when he was just 62, I thought he was pretty old at that time, but all of a sudden, 63 seems pretty young.
I started my celebrating at school on Friday.
I had parties with both of my classes.

On Friday afternoon Alissa arrived from Illinois and Courtney and family arrived from Oshkosh so the party began with a fun dinner at the sports bar in Johnson Creek.
The food was yummy, the beer was going down easily and the conversation was fun.
Mallory also joined us which made it perfect.
Paul and John took the little girls home so we could enjoy a night out on the town.
We went to Firecracker and then to Aaron's for a few.  We were entertained there by a man doing card tricks.
It was a great way to start my birthday weekend.

 
Since Soli andTiz always want to cook and bake when they are here, I decided to have a cooking contest for them on Saturday.
Alissa helped Chef Tizita and Courtney helped Chef Soliana while Gigi, Grandpa, and Paul served as our judges.
The girls prepared a fruit salad, a wrap, and a dessert.
They had so much fun and their creations were very, very good according to the judges.
I chose the ingredients that they had to use so everything was edible and went together well.
I will definitely be doing this again for them
Here are some photos



















After our wonderful lunch created by our two chefs, John and I took the girls over to Silver creek for some skating.
Paul went skiing with a friend and Courtney, Lissa, and Mal went out for a few beers.
All of us had a great time.
The weather was so beautiful, in the high 40's so being outside was nice.
When we got home, the girls made a little snowman.

 We opened the goody box and then enjoyed Chinese take out for dinner.
After dinner I was able to enjoy two cakes made by Tizita.
Perfect way to end the birthday.

We spent the night in the basement with a roaring fire watching TV and enjoying good conversation.
Today (Sunday) we all went to church to hear Koine, a fantastic rock band that plays at different WELS churches.  It was a wonderful service for my birthday!
Alissa left for home while the rest of us played some games before the Van Aukens left for home.  It was a great, fun weekend.
I could not have asked for a better birthday celebration.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails