Sunday, February 28, 2016

Our first trip to the zoo and Courtney's Birthday

It's been a fun weekend.
Alissa arrived on Friday night, John, my mom, Lissa and I went to Rock River Pizza for dinner.
After dinner Mal met us at Firecracker for a few beers.
It was a good night.
We heard all about Alissa's big business trip to San Diego and about Mallory's new job which starts on Tuesday.

On Saturday, Alissa and Mallory drove in to Milwaukee, so did John and I.
We met Courtney, Paul, and the girls.
John and I took the girls and headed off to the zoo while the other four headed to downtown Milwaukee to celebrate both Courtney and Paul's birthdays.
They had made arrangements to stay at a duplex on the East side, it was cheaper than a hotel and was a full apartment.
Alissa was sure they would be murdered or videotaped, but they all survived and actually really liked the place and will stay again.
They had a great time touring Lakefront Brewery and bar hopping.  I know Courtney and Paul enjoyed their birthdays.

The girls, John, and I had a great time at the zoo, too.
Kev and Vikki had given us zoo passes again and this year they included parking which was really nice.
The weather was beautiful for late February and the zoo was full of families so happy to be outside after a long winter.
We took time to read about many of the animals and we all learned a few new things.
Here are a few photos









 I took this picture just to show you that in Wisconsin, as soon as it warms up even a little, everyone sits outside and enjoys the sunshine.  It was awesome to be back out again.
After our day at the zoo, we took the girls to Marty's pizza also a gift from Kev and Vikki and enjoyed a fun dinner.
The usual TV watching and a late bedtime followed by church today rounded out our time with the girls.
Courtney and Paul arrived in time for a birthday taco lunch and gift opening.
    
I also bought the girls their Easter dresses from LuLaRoe, a new company that I discovered.  They absolutely loved them.



I really have some  beautiful granddaughters if I do say so myself!  
On to a new week.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails