Sunday, March 20, 2016

Trying to Catch Up

I see i am a few weeks behind here on posting.
Let's get this caught up.
Last weekend, John and I hiked at Lapham Peak State Park.
It was a beautiful late winter day.
It was our first time visiting this beautiful park just 20 minutes from our house.
I climbed the lookout tower.
I used to be so afraid to climb those, I would just freeze up and have to stop climbing, but I have conquered that fear and here is the proof.

 Last Sunday we went up to Oshkosh, went to church with Courtney, Paul, and the girls.
After church, we took the girls while Courtney and Paul had a church meeting.
Soli was not feeling well, so she and I just stayed home while John and Tiz went to Petco and came home with fish.
 
Today we hiked at Pike Lake State Park, another beautiful gem located near Hartland.
Our first visit there, too.
There is a cool astronomy trail that has signs with information of all the planets.


As you can see, we climbed another tower.  Yep, I have conquered that fear!

Today would have been our grandson, Natnael's sixth birthday.
I can't help but wonder what kind of six year he would have been and what things he would have loved, what sports he would have enjoyed, and what would he have liked to do during his free time.
Happy Birthday sweet boy!
We will never forget you, ever.
See you soon for that long awaited first hug.

There now we are caught up!

 


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails