Sunday, April 3, 2016

Stepping out of our Comfort Zone

It all began with a $50.00 gift card from one of my favorite Preschool families, the Budreaus.
The gift card was to a place called Splash Paint Bar in Milwaukee.
They had given it to me for Christmas 2014 and it has been sitting around here ever since.
I, at first, thought the girls and I would have fun painting and drinking, but that never materialized, then I was going to give it to Courtney and Paul to use, but that never happened either.

On Saturday, John and I were heading into the Admirals game and decided to go in early for some fun.
I debated using the gift card but it seemed so far out of our comfort zones.  I went back and forth between yes we are going and no we are not.
Finally, I just decided we would step out of that comfort zone and bit the bullet and go.
Luckily, I am married to a man who will put up with my crazy indecisiveness and go with me wherever I decide except Disney on Ice, but that's a whole "nother story!
 
We went to Splash and absolutely had a great time.
We drank some fancy drinks, I had a red and John had a yellow.
We looked through art books for inspiration and then we began to paint and drink.
Here are some photos:


Here are our finished masterpieces.
Mine is called, "Two Sisters at Sunset."
John's is called, "Yellow on Bar."

A
After about two hours at Splash, we headed over to Buck Bradley's for an early dinner.
I had shrimp and John had a swordfish sandwich.
We enjoyed this turtle cheesecake for dessert.
Then it was on to the Admirals game.  Here are a few photos:




We had a very pleasant surprise after the game, a concert by Dennis DeYoung.
What a great way to end a perfectly fantastic day!

So, I guess a lesson to be learned here is that sometimes it is good to step out of one's comfort zone and experience new things!






No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails