Sunday, July 16, 2017

Girls weekend in Galena and Dubuque

I don't do girl weekends.
I go everywhere with John and that is the way we like it, but when my wonderful "old" friend, Pam Wilke asked me to do a girl weekend with her, I agreed.
I was stepping way out of my comfort zone here, but I love Pam and since her husband died, she wanted someone to go somewhere with her for a wknd.
We decided on Galena and Dubuque.
I will admit that I was a bit nervous about it all, I am a nut that way, but once I got in the car and we got on the road, all those nerves flew out the window and we had a great, fun filled weekend.
We shopped till we dropped in Galena after a nice lunch at Dirty Gurty's.
We headed over to our Hotel in Dubuque about six.
We stayed at the Grand Harbor Resort right on the river.
Great clean hotel.
We ate at the Tony Roma's which is attached to the hotel.
Another yummy meal.
Talked ourselves to sleep that night.

On Saturday we headed to the farmer's market.
Then rode the Fenelon Elevator to the top of the bluff, had ice cream, and shopped some more.
We walked the river walk and then walked to our horse drawn carriage tour of dubuque.
We had a great tour and learned a lot about the history of Dubuque.
Ended our night with pizza and beer at the shot tower Inn.
Again, talked ourselves to sleep.

Came home today after a lunch at Red Robin in Madison.

Great times with a great friend.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails