Thursday, December 28, 2017

And in the Blink of an Eye, it is all Over!

It's Thursday, December 28 and my house is quiet and clean again.
I am missing having the girls here with us.
Christmas was very nice this year.
It started for John and I on Friday, December 22 with the Children's service at st. John's.  We took mom with us.  Harmony sat with us and we enjoyed the service so much.  What a wonderful way to start the holiday!
After the service, we took mom to Midway for some blue gill and beers.
Kev and Vikki joined us and we all had a great time.
On Saturday, Alissa and Nathan arrived and we (mom, John, me, Lissa and Nathan) went out  to Sprechers for beer and dinner.  Mallory met us there and after dinner we went to Fire Cracker for a few more beers.
Great conversation and big laughs made for another fun night.
On Christmas Eve day we went over to Kev and Vikki's at around 3:00.
Another great night.
We left at 11 and Kev wasn't a bit ready for us to leave.
Came home and had a few more beers in the basement.
On Christmas Day, Courtney, Paul and the girls arrived around 11.
We had a great day.
Girls opened gifts, we played some white elephant dice game and enjoyed dinner and more time in the basement with a fire and our adult gift exchange.
Alissa and Nathan left on Tuesday.
Courtney, the girls and I went over to Budreaus to pick up Harmony since we were watching her for the night.
It was a great fun night with her.
On Wednesday we used the roller skating gift card from the  Budreaus.
I was a nervous wreck skating but I did it!
The girls did a great job and enjoyed  it.
We went to see the movie Ferdinand after that.
The girls had kwik trip hamburgers and stayed with Gigi while Paul, Courtney John and I went to Sprecher.  It was a great way to end the Christmas celebrations!

Of course, I am sad today. I took the village down and it seems like only yesterday that the girls helped me put it up.
All the preparations and now it is over, but I know that everyone feels that way.  It is just the way it is!
Here are a few photos:





We had so many more photos, but I was having computer problems so the photos are loaded on  my school computer and I can't get to this blog from there.

Tomorrow John and I go up to Oshkosh.  he will work and I will set up the desk for Soliana.
Then we leave for Door County for our NYE celebration!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails