Sunday, April 19, 2009

Long time, no post

Wow, I have gone almost a week without a new post. Must be blogger's block or just a rather boring existence around here. Actually the weather has been very springlike this week so the outdoors was calling to me. I love to just sit out and soak up the sun on these beautiful days. So, I guess that took presidence over blogging.
We actually had a very productive and fun weekend. On Saturday I worked at the Early Childhood Fair at our High School. We had a booth where the kids dug through beans for gold coins to turn in for a prize. Many preschools, day cares, and other services for Preschool aged children set up booths at the fair. I run into many, many old students and friends from the other preschools so it is always a very social day. After I did my shift there, John and I ran (well, you know we took the car) into Brookfield on the advice of my refound old friend, Pam who has a real passion for scrapbooking. We picked up some scrapbooking supplies that I just cannot be without if I am to do the hobby justice. I have scrapbooked for quite some time, but I just never had the correct tools, who knew? Now I am ready to go... If you are at all related to me or ever get a gift from me, expect a scrapbook project of some sort!
Then we did some yard work. Actually, truth be told I laid on the blanket again and watched John rake up all or our pinecones. I did go to the neighbor's and picked up about a thousand pine cones. I figured it would keep friendly relations if I picked up after my tree! Kind of like picking up after you dog, I suppose.
Finally we headed over to Deb and Pete's for dinner which was yummy. The champagne was yummy, too. Deb is a champagne connoisseur and whenever we are together I get to enjoy that fabulous drink with her. After good food and fun conversation we called it a day and headed home. I almost forgot, we spent some time ogling over pictures of our beautiful grandchildren and our beautiful bride daughters.
My kids sing in church today, so hoping that goes well and there are no major meltdowns. Stay tuned...

4 comments:

Courtney and Paul said...

Sounds like a good weekend. Looking forward to my scrapbook gifts.

Lissa said...

Sounds like a ridiculous weekend. Keep the crap scrapbooks to yourself.

Sherri said...

Oh no, Alissa, you will be gifted with some sort of project involving scrapping.

Kim said...

Maybe you should make Lissa a scrapbook with Abe Lincoln. He is her favorite!! HA!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails