Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Flat tire and Tag team bike/walk

We had an exciting Wednesday bike ride planned for today. It was a near perfect day for a ride except that the wind was a bit strong. We started out at Imagination Station in Oconomowoc and rode about four miles on the Lake Country Trail. It was paved, flat, and had lots of cross roads where we planned to bike on our return trip, but best made plans... We heard a weird clicking sound from John's back tire. We stopped, he checked, but saw nothing until he realized he was riding on a flat tire. Great, four miles out and we are going to have to walk one bike back. To top it off, John is not wearing his good walking shoes, this will not be good for his poor knees but we decide to tag team it back.
We took turns, one of us walked the disabled bike to a crossroad while the other rode my bike. It was definitely better to be the rider since you could circle around and get in a little extra riding time. I would venture off on the side roads when I was riding and waiting for John to catch up.

I was happy to see this sign since it meant we were back in Oconomowoc and didn't have too much farther to go to the park.
Here is John waiting patiently for me to arrive with his bike. There was one area that went through a swamp and I just knew it would be my turn to walk during that portion of the trail and sure enough, I was walking in the swamp. It was hot and I was just praying I would not see a snake crossing my path. I went pretty fast and luckily did not spot any snakes.
Here I am taking off for the last leg of the journey which would end up at the park.
I waited patiently for John to arrive.
Here is John after that last leg of the journey. We figured we covered 8 miles on our walk/bike ride. We decided to get the flat fixed right away so we headed over to Wheel and Sprocket in Delafield. They were able to fix it in 15 minutes and only charged $21.00 so we were on our merry way again pretty quickly.
We continued our ride around the lakes of Delafield. All in all a very nice day even with the flat!









2 comments:

madj said...

I was all in on the park bench. Imagine, you and me running into a problem we could not fix ourselves.

Good day anyway. Makes for a good story, too.

Kim said...

Even with the flat, sounds like a great way to spend a summer day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails