Sunday, June 27, 2010

John and Sherri quite contrary, how does your garden grow?


Well, let me answer that question for you. Our garden is growing very, very well. Our radishes have all been harvested and we are on the second crop of those. The lettuce has taken over and we have more than we can eat. The carrots are just about ready, I had the first onion on a salad and... the peas are finally popping out. These pea plants are huge and they are loaded with pods. We have sampled quite a few and they are so yummy. Why is it that everything tastes so much better right from the garden?

Now we are anxiously waiting for our tomatoes to ripen. You can see the plants below. They have so many little green tomatoes. The farmers tell us we need some dry weather now to help the tomatoes. We have had lots of rain during the month of June and I think that is why our crops have done so well so far. We also have cucumbers which are flowering so we are just waiting for that first salad with all of our home grown ingredients! mmmmmm!

We also have a new flower garden. John spent much of one day digging our a new garden for us which connected two flower beds that we had.

We went out to Ebert's with our coupons and were able to buy eight new perenniels for a very good price.

I finally got a black eyed Susan. I have been wanting one of those for quite sometime.

I am a daisy lover and have many, many regular daisies, but when I spotted these crazy daisies I could not resist buying a plant.

We have many lillies all around our yard and they always bloom so well for us. These are our yellow ones that are in our shade garden which is now part of the new, bigger garden. The label on lillies clearly says "plant in full sun" but we have had great luck with the ones in the shade, too. They bloom a little later than the ones in the sun, but they also seem to last longer.

And finally, here is the pretty bouquet I picked yesterday. There is nothing better than having fresh flowers in the house. Oops, accidentally deleted the arrangement and I cannot figure out how to get it back on here in the right place so it is up on the top now.
















3 comments:

Verna said...

Sometimes I wish I were where I could have a small garden. I miss the fresh veggies.
Especially miss the fresh home grown tomatoes.
So I hope they do well for you.

Love the flowers.

Kim said...

All that talk of the garden made me hungry and I love the pictures of the beautiful flowers you are growing.

Kim said...

clever name for the post too ;o)

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails