Monday, January 9, 2012

A Day with Grandpa

Today John took the day off to spend it with Tizita. At first we thought she would spend the morning with me in school and then go to lunch with Grandpa, but those plans changed. The two of them were lazing around in bed this morning and Tiz decided she did not want to come to school, so she and grandpa spent the entire day together. When I got home I found them both in this large fort that they had constructed. They even had a lighting system in the fort. They told me they had even eaten lunch in the fort! They also went to the library and checked out a stack of books. A few books were about princesses and ther were two books about how elevators work, They were both interested in the workings of an elevator since they spent so much time on the one at the motel in Bloomington.

This was her preferred spot for the rest of the evening. It seems that she and grandpa bonded pretty well today. I think one of the things she likes about grandpa is that he lets her run the show completely and spends every minute with her.


She did still have a few hugs left for me though.

Tomorrow Vikki brings her to school and I am taking the afternoon off to spend time with her. It will be a good day. I cannot believe our time with her is almost over.
We will certainly miss having her around here.




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails