Thursday, December 27, 2012

Now the sadness and quiet after the storm, which wasn't really that big of a storm

Today Courtney and her little family left.
They were the last of our Christmas guests to leave and the house is too quiet and empty, not to mention a bit on the messy side.
My heart is empty, too.
I miss my little girls already.
The time went so quickly as it always does.
All the planning and prep is over before I was ready for it to be over.
We had a wonderful Christmas making memories along the way.
I will post a few pictures for your enjoyment.
I am sad, but this is life.
My dad used to always say, "This day is over and it will never come again."
A man wise beyond his years.
This Christmas is over and it will never come again.
 We started it all with a visit to John's dad, Pops in the Care Center.  It was a fine visit which included a manhattan for Jack.
 There was so much cousin fun.
Here they are modeling their new pajamas and some indian headresses.
 There was wine for all and laughs all the way around.
 We were so blessed to have Courtney and her family with us for Christmas Eve and Day this year.
 My mom and her lovely granddaughters who
 sometimes can be very silly.
 There was lots of time for cuddling and fun with Uncle Cheddah.
 Me, my mom, and my brother.
 My family
 My brother, Kev, my niece Mallory and his fiance Vikki and her son Nic.
So glad they could join us, too.
 Sweet Soli
 and sweet Tizita.
 Nic has a special liking for Nathan and is always so happy when he is around.
 Our family gift exchange and homemade items from last year.
 My sweet granddaughters on Christmas morning
 Is there anything better than sleeping sweethearts on a grandparent's lap?
 The making of the annual donut holes on Christmas morning.
 Pround grandparents.
 Godparents and Soli
 A happy Gigi, my mom with the great granddaughters.
 The white elephant exchange was so much fun this year.
 More white elephant.
And the stollen has made its appearance again.
I feel much better after posting these photos and remembering the fine time we all had.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails