Friday, December 28, 2012

White Elephants, quite possibly, our best ever

The tradtion started a number of years ago with John's family.
We were trying to cut back on presents and save some money.
We started drawing names and buying a gift for that person, after a few years, we just bought a $25.00 gift card to anywhere and exchanged those.
To add some excitement to the day, I suggested a white elephant gift exchange, too.
We had many fun gifts during those years and I think everyone enjoyed it very much.
When our Christmaas Eve at Kev's was getting noticably smaller without Courtney's family, I suggest a white elephant gift exchange there, too.
It was a big hit the first two years.
This year Courtney and company decided to join us, Vikki and Nic were there, too, so it was a big group of white elephanters.
We even let Nic and Tiz be a part of the fun.
I always have so much fun shopping for the perfect white elephant gift.  This year Alissa and I shopped together at Bethseda Thrift shop.  There were so many good choices it was difficult to choose, but choose we did!
 
When all was said and done, we all agreed this year was our best white elephant yet!
 Alissa received this lovely Santa from Paul.
 Tiz got this beautiful arrangement that actually lights up from Mallory.
When Mallory was checking our at Bethesda Thrift with this piece, the lady actually asked her if it was for a white elephant.  So ugly, I guess no one would buy it except for a joke.
 Nathan got a stocking with the name Andrew on it stuffed with some fuzzy dice.  Alissa bought that one.
 Courtney got this hedgehog from Vikki,
She actually purchased it at the World Market, but it was ugly enough to be a White Elephant.
 Paul got beer bracelets from Kev so everyone knows whose beer is whose.
 I got some lovely shit in a bottle from Courtney.
Instead of a ship in a bottle, the bottle was filled with ugly flowers.
 Nic got the ever popular stollen from Marge.
 The stollen than appears in lots of photos just like last year.
Here Kev is wearing my dad's robe from years ago.  The robe was a honeymoon gift to my dad from my mom.
Ken only wore it on Christmas.
 Here are Alissa and I with the stollen.
 John and Vikki got exersize equipment from Nathan and I

 This is Billy the Bass that Kev got from me.
No picture, but Marge got a light up slap bracelet from Nic.
Even with all these wonderful white elephants, we did all agree that this was the best present of all!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails