Sunday, February 24, 2013

Adventures in Babysitting, Another chapter

Way beck in early January, Courtney and Paul asked us to keep the girls on their birthday weekend so they could have a big party in Oshkosh.
Of course, we said, "Yes."
That seemed so far off and now as I write this, our big weekend with the girls is already over and it was so much fun.
We started out by celebrating Courtney and Paul's birthdays on Friday night at our house.
I baked them a coconut "mounds" cake from scratch and it was yummy.
I put a 75 on it because in order to save money I just combined their ages.


 On Saturday Courtney, Paul, Lissa, and Nathan left for Oshkosh to get ready for their big party.
Before the left the girls enjoyed some blanket time with Cheddah.
Here they are wrapped up as a black bean burrito.
 We took them to Dollar Tree to pick out some treasures.
$30.00 later, they had their fill of treasures.
We decided to take them over to my classroom since it would seem like a small Children's Museum to them and they did have fun.
Tiz just loves to play school with all my teaching items.  You can see her reading to her class in the above photo.
 Soli loved the water table.  She loves anything to do with water.
 Of course, there was time for a snack.
 Next on the agenda was shaving cream.  They both enjoyed that.
I love doing all these things in my classroom as opposed to here at home because the mess stays somewhat contained and is very easy to clean up.
 Tiz set up a drum set and played along with many of my CD's.
 Then both girls played the many rhythm instruments.
It was a fun way to spend the afternoon.
We ordered pizza for dinner, watched movies, and had a great night of sleep.
On Sunday, we went to church where both girls were so good.
It was so beautiful outside that we spent an hour and a half enjoying the  snow. 


 They ended their visit with treats from my Valentine candy bucket which  I saved  from all my kids at school.  They munched on candy while watching Sponge Bob.
Perfect way to end a vacation at Grandma and Grandpa's.

We took them back to Culver's, our halfway meeting spot in Waupan.
The house seems too quiet with them gone.
I miss them already.
Cannot wait for our next babysitting adventure.
This is the best part of being a grandparent for sure.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails