Sunday, February 3, 2013

Celebrating my 60th birthday in the best way possible

 The house is quiet and rather empty again after having everyone home to celebrate my 60th birthday.
The girls planned the entire weekend so didn't have to worry about anything.  It was relaxing and enjoyable for me.
 On Friday night we had Little Ceasar's Pizzas for dinner.
I also had two cakes made by mom, an ice cream cake and an eau claire torte.
As you can see, there were 60 flaming candles on the cakes, too.
It was throwing off a lot of heat and light.
 After dinner, we moved the party downstairs, started a fire, and opened gifts.
Spending time with these two little sweethearts was the best part of the weekend.
They just make me smile and feel so good.
 I got a weekend in Galena as a gift from the girls as well as a beautiful book entitled 60 filled with pictures documenting my life through the years.
It was so much fun to look through and I know I will look at it often..
I got a gift card to Domani for my hair from Kev, Vikki, Mal, and Nic.
I also got the video in the last post from Mallory.
It was indeed a very special birthday.
 We ended Friday night with some dancing.
 On Saturday the ladies, Lis, Mal, Courtney, Tiz,, and I headed out for a Ladies day out.
We started our day with lunch at Noodles.
 After that we moved to a Touch of Glaze in Waukesha to paint pottery.
Now that was a fun thing for all of us.
 We were all a bit nervous to get started, but once we started we could not get enough of it.

 Here are our finished products.
Mal and I will go back and pick them up on Friday after they are fired.
We stopped for some coffees on the way home.
Perfect Ladies day out.
 We all went out to El Mariachi for dinner.
Nathan ordered the large margarita. 
Whoa!

After a delicious dinner, we retired to the basement for another fire and some test tube shots as well as a few beers.
It was a great weekend and it made turning 60 something so special.
Thanks family!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails