Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Snowshoeing 101

When John and I were up in Door County after Christmas, we intended to rent snowshoes and see what that sport was all about.
But due to the cold weather, we decided not to rent them because I felt that the cold, cold temps might influence our liking the experience.
If it is too cold, it is hard to enjoy anything, so we put that on hold.
When we got home, I checked around for rentals in our area and found that for the cost of about three days of rentals we could purchase some snowshoes.
And that is exactly what we did.
I also purchased some kid snowshoes for the girls, hoping that we could all get out together and enjoy some snowshoeing.
Well, the cold, cold temps are still here and we weren't able to try our new snowshoes until last Sunday.
First I went out with Tiz and Soli on their snowshoes.  It was fun and I was anxious to try the snowshoes in the park with John after the girls left.
We headed down to the park, having a great time on those shoes.
As we were snowshoeing around the fresh snow on the ball diamond, John broke his snowshoe.
We were more than a little bummed, but after inspecting the break, we felt it could be repaired with little or no trouble.
As I write, the snowshoe is at a local cobbler who is charging us $4.00 to do the repair.
By this weekend, we can be back out on our snowshoes again if it warms up.



I don't have any pictures of John and I because we did not take the camera with us.
Stay tuned and I will, for sure, have photos the next time we go out to snowshoe.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails