Sunday, February 2, 2014

What does a 61 year old do on her birthday? Pottery Paint and Skeeball, of course

The house is quiet once again after everyone left earlier today.
Everyone was here celebrating my 61st birthday and it was quite a celebration.
Tizita had suggested that we go pottery painting again, so I found a studio in Hartford right near the Mineshaft, the plan is made!
Pottery painting followed by gaming at the Mineshaft.
What else would a 61 year old woman do on her birthday?
Kev, Paul, Nathan, Nic, and John drove over to Delafield for some cigars, beers, and a TV for Paul while we headed off to pottery paint.
Soli, Tiz, my mom, Vikki, Courtney, Lis, Mal, and I all painted.
After two hours of painting and a variety of finished products, we went over to the Mineshaft and the gaming began.
We enjoyed a great meal and lots of games before heading home.
It was a memorable way to spend my birthday.
Tiz asked if we could do the painting every year and I think that is a swell idea, let the tradition begin.
I need to mention that the party already started on Friday night with games planned by Tizita.
Here we are pinning the heart on Grandma.
When it was my turn, I got quite turned around and ended up pinning my "heart" on a picture on the wall and not the beach scene on this photo, but a picture that was way over on another wall.
Everyone got a good laugh out of that one.
 This is the picture that Tiz drew that we had to pin the hears on.
 After dinner and games we went down the basement for a fire, cake, drinks, and more fun.
Best present ever is these two sweet girsl who bring so much love into my life.
What a blessing to be able to spend my birthday with them.
Gigi and Soli are deep in conversation here.
I love watching the two of them having these talks.
 On Saturday morning we mixed up a concoction of baby oil and flour that the girls enjoyed.

 Soli and her Cheddah sharing a moment with their electrics.
They have such a special bond.
 And here we are, painting our pottery.

 Soli painted this one little fish for two hours. She had so much fun.
I think it may have at least six coats of paint on it, but she loved every minute of it.

 My mom didn't really want to do any painting, but she ended up doing a napkin holder and I think it may be one of our best pieces when it is fired.

 Finished products, ready to be fired.
 Enjoying the games at the Mineshaft.
 Intense skee balling going on here.
Lots of tickets for Soli.
 Thanks, Mal, for the birthday drink.
It was a yummy Pomegranite punch.
Mal, Soli, and Tiz enjoying a ride.
And I will leave you with this.
This is what a million tickets costing roughly $100.00 will buy you.
The fun we had, priceless!
Another birthday in the books, one of the best ever.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails