Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Tiz and Grandma spend a few fun days together

Since Tizita was on her spring break after Easter, she stayed on in Watertown to spend a few extra days with us.
I had the Monday off after Easter, too, so we had planned to do ride our bikes to the Dollar Tree for some shopping and then to McDonald's for lunch, but just as we were planning to leave the rains started and boy, did it ever pour!
We moved to plan number two which was to take the car on our shopping trip.
We started at Walmart, moved on to the Dollar Tree, and then enjoyed a yummy lunch at McDonald's.
One of the first graders from St. John's was there and Tiz had a great time playing with Audrey in the play area.
When we got home, we had fun looking at all of our purchases.
We decided that since the rains had stopped we would ride our bikes to St. Vinney's.
The sky looked a bit dark as we left, but we were optimistic until the skies opened again and it poured.
Luckily we were in St. Vinney's and not on our bikes.
We each bought a some new rain gear to protect us on the way home.
We both had such wet pants, right down to our underwear because of  the wet bike seats, but we also laughed pretty hard on the ride home and we know this memorable bike ride will be talked about for years to come.
When we got home, we mixed up some industrial bubbles and had so much fun playing with them.
We ended our day with a yummy supper, some TV, and an early bedtime since Tiz was coming to school with me early the next morning.

 Sorry, I look like a giant in this picture, must be the angle!
This is the new parka that I got at St. Vinney's to protect me from the rain.
Not bad for a dollar, heh?




These bubbles were awesome!
We will definitely be making them again.

On Tuesday, Tiz and I headed to school.
She was such a big help to me.
She even came up with an art project to do with the kids and they loved doing it with her.






I think she would make a wonderful teacher but she still wants to drive a snowplow and work in a beauty shop.
After school I had an appointment to get my hair colored and cut so I scheduled a pedicure for Tiz at the same time.
She was so pampered at Domani, everyone absolutely loved her.





She not only got a pedicure, but a manicure, too.
It was an exciting day for her.
I know she enjoyed it.
After our pampering session, Gigi, John, Tiz and I tried a new restaurant called The Driftwood.
Although a bit pricey, the food was good and we all enjoyed it.
Some TV and an early bedtime followed because Tiz would be helping me again in school.
Courtney brought Soli to school on Wednesday and Soli was so excited to see Tiz.  I know she had missed her. 
They left to have lunch with Gigi and then go home to Oshkosh.
The house is quiet tonight and I am enjoying that.
I am also looking forward to an early bedtime tonight.
I will miss my helper in school tomorrow though.
This is what being a grandma is all about!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails