Sunday, November 23, 2014

A Long Overdue Tizita/Grandma/Grandpa Sleepover

It has been a long time since Tizita has been able to stay overnight with us by herself.
The timing was finally right this past weekend.
Since Tiz had no school on Friday, John went to Oshkosh after work on Thursday to pick her up.
She and John had dinner at her choice, Hot Dog Charlie's.  John doesn't eat hot dogs, but luckily Charlie has burgers on the menu, too.
I know they both enjoyed their dinner and their drive here to Watertown.
When she arrived, we watched some TV, chatted, and went to bed at our usual time she was helping me in Preschool the next morning.
Tiz had an art project planned for the kids and she did such a great job with doing it with them.





I was listening to her talk to the kids and she was so kind and helpful to them.
I was really proud of her.
The kids really enjoyed doing her project under her direction.
She did tell me that giving her four kids at one time was too much, so we did two at a time.
I totally understand that, too.
After the project, she led the kids in some CD dancing.

And finally, she read them a story which they all enjoyed.


Just look at how they are all listening to her.
If she weren't so dead set on being a hair stylist, she would make an awesome teacher.

After teaching, we went out to Culver's for a delicious lunch together.
Then we shopped at Walmart.
I let her buy some make up, nail polish, frozen shirts, and a frozen watch in payment for all her help at school.
It was so much fun to be together.
She is so grown up and I love being with her.
When John got home, the three of us went over to the Mindshaft for some gaming and dinner.
The very first game she played, she hit the jackpot, the tickets just kept coming.
She was able to pick out some really nice prizes and after that excitement we enjoyed dinner.





On Saturday, John, my mom, Tiz, and I headed up to Oshkosh where we enjoyed Courtney's Homemade for the Holidays show.
Mallory and Kelly drove up for the show, too, and we all had a yummy lunch at Becket's.  Paul and Soli met us there, too.
After lunch, Soli and Tiz came back with us.
The weekend just kept getting better.
We baked some brownies and chocolate chip bars, put up my Christmas village, and watched Christmas movies.
John and Tiz had a Momopoly marathon while Soli and I had make overs.
It was such a fun time for all of us.

On Sunday, my kids along with Soliana sang in church.
They did such a wonderful job.
I am one proud teacher!
 This is Soliana and her friend Lanie all ready to sing.



The singing was the perfect way to end a wonderful weekend.
I cannot wait to do it all again.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails