Sunday, December 14, 2014

Tizita's Christmas service and early birthday celebration

On Friday, I woke up, not feeling up to par.
There has been so much stomach flu going around school and I had to really talk myself out of getting sick that morning, but I pressed on.
We had practice after chapel and the rest of the morning moved on.  I was so thankful to only have half a day on Fridays.
I got home and decided to rally.
Mom and I baked three batches of cookies.
I was definitely feeling better.
On Saturday, Mallory came over to open her birthday gifts.  Hard to believe that my sweet little niece is already 22 years old.  She loved our gifts to her and that made me happy.
After she left, mom and I baked some more cookies.
I wrapped presents that night in the basement while enjoying a fire and watching some Christmas movies.
Sunday John and I went to Tizita's Christmas service.
It was wonderful as all children's Christmas services always are.
This is Tizita's friend and classmate, Micah, also adopted from Ethiopa.
Trinity is such a small school, but there are three children adopted from Ethiopia, two from Haiti, and two from Russia.  Maybe there are more, but those are the only ones I know of.
After church we headed over to the Golden Corral, Tizita's choice for her birthday dinner.
I had never been to a Golden Corral before.  Wow, I think they had every food known to man on their buffet and the chocolate fountain which Tizita had raved about was not a disappointment.
We all enjoyed our meals.


After lunch John, Tizita, and I headed up to Toys R Us so that Tiz could pick out her birthday gifts.
She really wanted something "electric", but her mom and dad have said no to tablets, i pods, etc.
She did find a really cute little remote control puppy that she fell in love with, a spirograph which her mom fell in love with, and some other craft items.
She was very happy with her purchases even if they weren't "electrics."
We took her home and had some cake together.

Her birthday is actually on Dec. 19.
She will wear this shirt that I bought for her so everyone will know that she is eight!
It was another great weekend.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails