Sunday, March 8, 2015

A Bump in the Road, yet again

I came home from the Y on Friday feeling accomplished.  I had walked my 10000 steps for the day and it was only 1:00.  The rest of the steps would just be icing on the cake.
I was sitting at the laptop checking Facebook when my mom said, "John is home."
I was confused and wondered "why would he be home now."
He walked in the door and announced that he had lost his job yet again.
Completely blindsided!
I have lost count but I think this might be the fifth lay off.
We have walked this road before, we know what has to be done.
John had already set up the unemployment.
Health insurance is trickier this time around since Obamacare has taken over.
How ironic that we may have to be a part of Obamacare, but at just $49.00 per month, it may have to do for us.
Now the search begins for yet another new job.
It is not easy when you are 60 years old.
But I know that God has a plan for us and we will wait patiently for that plan to unfold.
John has already sent out a number of applications.
We will decide on the Obamacare and drop a few monthly expenses to help us stay afloat these next few months or however long it takes for him to land another job.
There are so many worse things than losing a job and we know that, but it still is frustrating thing.
For now, if you are reading this and you are a praying person, please pray for patience and guidance as we proceed over this bump in the road.
 
It was a really good thing that we were taking the girls to the circus this Saturday.
It was a nice diversion for us.
We enjoyed the circus so much and then we were able to bring the girls home with us to spend the night.
Today, Sunday, the temps were in the 50's so we got out the escalade so the girls could go driving.
Now it is back to reality, but we will press on.
I will post some circus pictures later this week.
 
 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails