Thursday, March 19, 2015

My Spring Break 2015

So, because of John's lay off, my spring break took on a new twist..
I went to Oshkosh on Sunday, March 15 to spend a few days with the girls.
I spent the days organizing their bedrooms and the play room with Soliana's help.
Tiz had school, so I was able to pick her up at the end of her day, too.
Soli and I went to Courtney's Family Zumba class one afternoon.  I was looking forward to some zumbaing again, but Soli did not want to be a part of the class, so she and I spent the time over at Caramel Crisp, eating ice cream and cookies.
Not a bad choice on her part, I mean who wouldn't rather eat sweets then zumba dance?
Here we are at Caramel Crisp enjoying their children's area while we ate our treats.


S
 Soli took my picture in my favorite chair at Caramel Crisp.  Notice how I did indeed have my zumba clothes on.
On Tuesday, Soli came to Watertown to have her own sleepover with Grandpa and I.
We ate at Culver's on the way home and watched some Curious George before bed.
On Wednesday, we went to the Madison Zoo.
The weather started out rather cool, but we still had a great time exploring the zoo and playing on the parks near the zoo.







 This shoe has been at this park for years and years.
Courtney and Alissa played on this slide when they were little and if I am remembering correctly, I think I even played on it as a little girl.
This was an odd playground ride.
It spun around, but it was too high for little ones to get on by themselves and there were no handles.
Seemed rather dangerous, but it is probably fun for older kids.
Soli wanted off almost as quickly as she got on.


 What would a trip to Madison be without a stop at Ella's Deli for a treat on the way home.

When we got home, Grandpa and Soli played outside with the Escalade.
We watched more Curious George and stayed up late before our "sleepover."
Today, we played outside some more.
We also baked a cake.
Soli bakes much different than Tizita bakes.
Soli follows the directions and does not ask to add other items.
Tiz loves to add her own ingredients to create her own concoctions.
I am a recipe follower, so I much prefer baking with Soli.
Courtney arrived at noon to take her home.
We will be getting both girls again tomorrow so they can both have a sleepover before we go to Herb's memorial service on Saturday.
It was a great spring break even though a few curves were thrown in.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails