Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Just some of this and some of that

Spring has finally sprung.
My Preschoolers are back outside and that makes life so much better for all of us.
John and I took our first bike ride around town last weekend.
It was hard especially due to a very strong wind, but we made ten miles.
We have been walking every night after I get home.
I have been consistently getting over 10000 steps on my fitbit.
John is continuing his job search with some interviews, but no real offers yet.
We remain hopeful and know that God has a great plan for us.
I am attempting to start a summer tutoring program for my preschoolers.
I am calling it Mrs. Damman's Summer Scholars.
So far I have had some interest, hopefully it will be successful.
I just want to make a little money over the summer.
  
I cannot believer that I did not blog about this yet, but I guess I didn't so here goes.
Last weekend, John and I had a great time at the Admirals game on Friday night.
We started with dinner at Fuddruckers.
Pat McCurdy was performing before, during, and after the game.
We had first heard Pat McCurdy at last year's Admiral game and we enjoyed him very much.
We even got a Pat McCurdy bobblehead!  
We had gotten our tickets at the St. John's Gala and we could not believe how great our seats were!
We were on two folding chairs in their own little area right by the tunnel where all the action happens.
The Admirals lost but that really did not matter because of Pat's performance.
We left the game with ten minutes remaining with the idea of having one beer.  Well, all the concession stands close down by that time, so we were out of luck in that department.
After the great show, we decided to stop at McGinn's, a bar in Wauwatosa that we used to frequent with Alissa and Nathan.
We had two beers each and the best chips and salsa.
Best of all, it was only  $14.00 for four beers and the chips.  That same food would have cost us $40.00 at the Admiral's game.  Lucky those concession stand were closing!
We never got home until 1:00.  It felt good to be out so late and have so much fun together.
In the midst of all of our headaches that go along with a lay off, it felt good to feel so normal and have such a great time.
The rest of the weekend was just as nice.

I am looking forward to this next weekend when we get to spend time with the girls again.
Well, that is all for now.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails