Friday, June 26, 2015

Good byes are always so hard, why is that?

Today is Friday, June 26.
John and I are leaving Emerald Isle in about 15 minutes.
We have had a wonderful vacation and I will share photos and details about that when we get home, but for now I just wanted to document a few thoughts.
Why is it always so hard to pack up and leave after a wonderful vacation?
I spent months planning this trip, finding the perfect home away from home, and checking out local attractions for us.
I spent weeks planning what to take, what food we would need, what swimming suits and sand toys we would need.
I spent days packing up all the things to make this vacation a good, memorable one.
We drove for hours and hours to get here.
Then, in the blink of an eye, it is time to leave.
We took in one last sunset, one last walk on the ocean, one last beer on the deck.
We have committed this area to memory and if that fails, we have about 1000 photos to help us recall all the good times we had here.
Courtney and her little family left yesterday.
That was sad, too.
I missed my little girls who shared our bed and our lives for four days and nights.
I don't want to leave, but leave we must.
I think we have island and ocean in our blood.  It is really the most magical place on earth and I hope we can return many, many times in the future.
We still prefer our beloved St. George Island, but an Island is an Island.
So, with a sad heart, I bid this sweet part of God's earth "Good bye."  
You have been good to us and we hope to see you again soon.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails