Monday, September 7, 2015

First School Days and Labor Day Weekend Fun

Preschool started last Monday
 I have 17 little ones on Monday mornings, 21 on Tuesdays, 17 on Wednesdays, 17 on Thursdays, and 16 on Fridays.
It is going to be a busy year considering these are my 2/3 year olds! 
My afternoon 4K class has 12 students and is a breeze after the morning class.
I had a few criers on the first two days, but they settled down quickly, but on Wednesday, I had four wailing, high pitched criers/screamers, hopefully that will be better this week.
I did survive the four day week and look forward to the week ahead.
It is always fun to begin a new year with a clean slate.

I, of course could not just sit home on the long Labor Day weekend, so while John was a the factory on Friday evening, I made a plan.
I made reservations for a cheaper motel in La Crosse and set about making an itinerary for us.
He was on board, because, truth be told, he likes to get away just as much as I do.
We left on Saturday morning and took the scenic Highway 16 drive up there.
We went up to Grandad's Bluff to take in the beautiful scenery.
After that we walked along the river and ended up at a waterfront restaurant for some appetizers and mojitos.
It was so yummy and a bit out of our comfort zone - drinks in the middle of the afternoon at a place with fancy appetizers.
We checked into our hotel, not the greatest, but like I said, it was cheaper than most and the bed was comfy.
We went back downtown and ate sandwiches at a place called Fat Sam's Bistro.  We were the only people in there, but the food and beers were good.
After that we headed up to the Starlite Lounge which was on  my list of must dos for the weekend.
I just love stepping back in time at that place.
I had an martini with ice cream base and banana and chocolate liqueurs.  Perfect ending to a fun day.
On Sunday, we took the scenic route down Highway 35, ended up in Iowa at Pike's Peak State Park.
It was a great little get away.
 
Today (Labor Day) we went up to Oshkosh to spend some time with the girls.
We planned to take them to a Charlie Brown movie.  Courtney and Paul were so excited about the movie, they joined us.
What a funny movie,  It was an old one for 1980 called Bon Voyage, Charlie Brown.
I just love hearing Soliana's belly laugh during the movie.
Amazing how such a simple movie is so entertaining to all of us.
 
Here are a few photos from the La Crosse trip:














 
 

1 comment:

madj said...

You are correct, I DO like to get away as much as you do. I like to make you make the plans as well.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails