Sunday, October 18, 2015

Our Little Volleyball Player

This weekend John and I were able to watch Tizita play volleyball for Trinity Lutheran.
There is just something so magical about small school athletics.
I loved it when my girls played sports at St. John's and I see the same great benefits as I watch Tizita play in her first sports experience at Trinity.
Since it is such a small school, the children can play on the B teams in the third grade.
There are three third graders on the volleyball team and to watch those older girls (up to 6th grade) take those little ones under their wing and help them learn and play is so wonderful.
Tizita just loves playing and it has a lot to do with those older girls and a coach who is very hands off.
John and I just loved watching her play.
She may be little but she has a very powerful serve.
She also spent all day at her tournament which also reminds me of even my gradeschool tournament days.  Girls could not play sports in my day, but we cheered and we spent the entire day at the tournaments.
I know Tiz enjoyed eating all the concession food and hanging out with her teammates.
We were able to watch her play three games, the last one being the championship game.
In between games we took Soli out to lunch and then to the zoo for a trick or treat event which was fun, too.
Here are some photos from volleyball and the zoo event.





After the championship game which Trinity lost, Tizita and her teammates had to give the mdals to the winning team.
Tiz didn't like that one bit, but I thought is was pretty cool.
Here she is putting a medal around a girl's neck.
And, here are the zoo photos





We had to just pull that costume out of the dress up clothes, but it worked pretty well.
She had a great time and got a pumpkin full of goodies.

After the last volleyball game, the girls came home with us for a sleepover.
We had so much fun as usual.
After church today we had lunch at Culver's with my mom and then did crafts for the rest of the afternoon until they had to go home.
Another great weekend.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails