Monday, October 26, 2015

A Weekend of Spending and Celebrating

This past weekend has been one of spending and celebrating.
Friday was John's last day of work at Create a Pack, the factory that hired him when no one else would.
He worked there for four months and it was an eye opening experience in many ways.
We are thankful that they took the chance and hired an old man for a young man's job.
John was so excited when he was hired at an engineering firm in Fond du Lac.
He started work there today.
He is back behind a desk and I know his body will thank him for that.

On Friday, he left work early and we went to Blue Moon in Lake Mills for pizza and beers.
It was a great way to celebrate his new job and my finished dental work.

On Saturday we headed to Brookfield Square for some serious Christmas shopping.
You know, it is  not even Halloween  yet, but I have to get my Christmas gifts purchased!
John bought new pants and shoes for the new job and I was pleasantly surprised to find a great sale at Shoe Carnival where I bought a new pair of boots and was able to get a second pair free!
We also bought Christmas ormanments which my mom gives to everyone.
Yep, it is her gift, but I have to pick them out.
I hope by the time I am 86, someone will do all my shopping for me, too.
We felt very accomplished after this shopping trip.

On Saturday night we went to the Alpha Resource Center's silent auction at the Plattduescher.
Not only were we able to bid and win some great items, but we were able to enjoy one of the finest swiss steak/pork chop dinners around.
After leaving the auction, we stopped at Lyons Pub for another drink or two just to celebrate our purchases.
 
On Sunday, my preschool classes sang in church.
I was nervous, I was not at all confident that they could  pull it off.
Well, I am not sure how to explain it, but they sang "Jesus Loves Me" so loudly and so proudly. They sang it right from their little God lovin' hearts, but they were all singing it in their own style!
It was quite comical.
I watched the video many times hoping that it would get better the more I watched it, but no such luck.
I know Jesus was very pleased with their praises even it I was not so pleased.
 
Short week ahead.
I will be up in Oshkosh on Thursday and Friday.
I have some organizing to do up there!
That is all for now.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails