Monday, November 2, 2015

Halloween and other things

I had Thursday and Friday off last week.
I rode up to Fond du Lac with John on Thursday morning.  Having his new job in Fond du Lac has its perks for sure.
Speaking of his new job, he seems happy and is enjoying it very much.
Being back behind a desk doing his CAD thing seems to be what makes him happiest.
I will be honest here, I had some trouble adjusting to having him get up at the same time I do and having him get home just a bit after I do.
I actually enjoyed his old schedule at the plant.  He worked from 1 - 9 so he was able to do any errands for me in the mornings.  Now he can no longer run to the bank, post office, or grocery store.  I also liked having the evenings to myself.  I looked forward to 9:20 when John would walk through the door and share stories from the plant.
I know that he is so much happier now, but I can't help that I miss parts of the old schedule.
I am doing better this week though.  It just takes adjustment and time.

Anyway, back to Thursday morning.  John left me at a MacDonald's where I waited for about half an hour for Courtney to come pick me up.
I worked on organizing the girls' rooms and the playroom.
I worked all day on Thursday and then half of Friday.  I really enjoy organizing other people's stuff, not so good with my own.
John drove up after work on Thursday night.
We ordered Rocky Roccoco while Courtney, Paul, and the girls met some friends for dinner.

On Friday, John left for work, the girls left for school, and I organized some more.
I went to pick Soli up from 4K and we played together in the afternoon.
We all had dinner at Fratello's.
Came home and watched some old Andy Griffith reruns.

On Saturday, the girls put on their Halloween costumes although neither of them was any too excited about trick or treating.
Tiz made a terrific Michael Jackson and she had all the moves from Thriller down.
Courtney had shared her love of Michael Jackson with the girls and now they love him, too.
Soli wanted to a red power ranger, she loved the muscles.
Courtney and I talked about how we do not really like Halloween.
I always felt so much pressure about the costumes, I could never live up to the other kids' homemade costumes.
John and I left for Manitowoc on Saturday.
I had to take some pictures in that area for a photo collage.
I had to take the photos in  very cold, windy, rainy weather, but I did manage to get a few nice photos.
We headed home from there and spent Sunday doing yard work.
Now that John works regular hours, we have to do our outdoor work on the weekends.

Here are the girls in their Halloween costumes.





No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails