Monday, November 9, 2015

Celebrating mom's 87th Birthday in Grand Style

Mom turned 87 on November 4.
On the day of her birthday, I made BLT's which John and I enjoyed with the birthday girl.
I had picked up Grandma Bresslow's cherry pie for dessert.
It was a yummy dinner.  We all enjoyed it.
Alissa arrived on Friday night.  Nathan had to work so he was not able to join us.
We missed him.
John, Lis, mom and I went to Bismark's for burgers and beers.
So began the weekend of celebration for mom.
On Saturday, Kev, Vikki, Nic, Mal, Lis, mom, John, and I headed up to Oshkosh.  We stopped at Schreiner's in Fond du lac for lunch.
My mom and dad always enjoyed stopping at Schreiner's back in the day and she was so excited to have lunch at this former favorite spot.
Mal and mom enjoyed a Bloody Mary.
After lunch we arrived at the Van Auken home.
Mom opened her gifts and actually did very well with the goody box.  She guessed eight out of ten correctly.



 We posed for this big family photo.
And then it was time for cake.

 Here is my mom with her three grandaughters, one grandson, and two sweet grandaughters.
We all enjoyed dinner at Beckett's.
 We enjoyed a few drinks at the table with the fire.

 These three lovely ladies beautified the bar.



After dinner Nic watched Soli and Tiz so that the rest of us could go to Screwballs and enjoy Paul's band for awhile.
John, mom, and I left around ten and relieved Nic of his duties.
 
On Sunday we went to church and then our for lunch together one last time before our fun weekend was over.
 
I am so happy that my mom is healthy enough to still enjoy big weekends like this with all of us. 
Just to watch her tapping her foot to Paul's singing,in a very crowded bar full of young people was heartwarming to me.  She is up for anything.
I hope I am just like her if I live to celebrate 87!
 
 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails