Sunday, August 14, 2016

Class Reunions, Riverfest, and time with the Girls

It's another Sunday night.
The summer is winding down too quickly.
Paul flew out to Montana to spend some time with his folks at their cabin in the mountains.
Lucky for me, I got to spend the last six days with Courtney, Tiz, and Soli and we had six days of pure good times together.
We played games, watched tons of TV,(lots of Stuck in the Middle, I Carly, and the Olympics) ate lots of good fun food, read books, crafted, shopped, had pedicures and manicures, and took in Riverfest.
It rained all day for the Friday of Riverfest, but we did try to enjoy ourselves despite the wet weather.







My pre class reunion party was on Friday night at the  Just One More bar.
I had not planned on going, I was planning to watch the fireworks with the girls, but the rain had other ideas and the fireworks were cancelled until Saturday.
We walked up from the park about 9:00 and with a few beers in me, I decided we should go over to the bar.
I am so glad we did.
I was able to talk with both Tom Reason and Jim Wrass for quite a long time which was so nice.
Both of them were big parts of my past and it was so good to chat with them.

On Saturday we went down to Riverfest to take part in the ride special.
The girls had lots of fun.








The girls also got their faces painted and enjoyed snow cones.
It was a fun afternoon.
After frozen pizzas for dinner, we went down to my real reunion at Riverfest.
Again, it was so much fun.
I had the opportunity to talk to so many people.
45 years is magical.
All pretenses are gone, the cliques no longer exist, and everyone has life stories to share.  We have all experiences great joy and great sorrow.
No matter what you were in high school, by this time in our lives, we are all on a level playing ground.
I found it rather funny (in a sad sort of way) that instead of discussing grandkids, we discussed our parents and how they were either dead or aging.
The circle of life, we all live it.
Today the girls and I went to an Ethiopian fund raiser in Verona and then John met us in Waupan for dinner.
They went home to Oshkosh, we came here to a much too quiet house in Watertown.
And again, life goes on...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails