Saturday, December 31, 2016

Celebrating the end of 2016 and the beginning of 2017 in one of our favorite places

If you have been following this blog for any amount of time, you know that I dislike New Year's Eve.  I don't like thinking of it as the end of something and the beginning of another something.
I just like to smoothly move right into the new year and continue on just as I was.
I don't do resolutions either because I do not keep them.

John and I have never had a New Year's tradition until four years ago when we started coming up to the Landmark in Door County and it has become one of our favorite places to spend New Year's Eve.
So, if I must celebrate it, I will do it up here with John by my side and a cherry martini in my hand.

John took me up to Oshkosh on Friday, Dec. 30.  He worked half the day while I cleaned and organized Soliana's room so her new playhouse and Barbie stuff would all fit.
Mission accomplished for me by mid morning.
John arrived about 1:00 and we were off.
Arrived at the Landmark by 3:30ish.
This condo is owned by the man we rented from, a few years ago, so we were expecting to know exactly where it would be located in the resort, but he must own more than one, because this one is a reverse of the other one.  Set up for a left handed person, we feel, but we are used to it now.
It does have an electric fireplace so that is nice.

We went up to JJ's in Sister Bay for a fish fry that night.  We had whitefish and it was so yummy.
I wish it had been all you can eat because I could have eaten so much more.
We got back to our condo and watched some Twin Peaks before bed.

Today, Saturday, New Year's Eve Day, we went snow shoeing at the nature center in Peninsula State Park.  It had snowed about 5 inches last night and it was so perfect for shoeing.
We had not done much of any exercise for months so we surprised ourselves by being able to do the three miles so easily.
The temps were in the 20's so even that was nice.
Here are a few photos from our adventure:











After snow shoeing, we drove up to Northport to check out the tip of Door County.
Still there and cold today.
We got back, relaxed and got ready for our night out at the Carrington here at the Landmark.
Looking forward to their cherry martinis.
Hope we make it to midnight, but if we don't the new year will come in anyway!

Stay tuned for more details about our night and the rest of our get away in tomorrow's blog.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails