Sunday, January 29, 2017

A Snow Shoe Adventure while renewing an old Friendship

Yesterday John and I headed up to Wausau for a Snow Show Adventure with our "old" friends Connie and Paul.
Not exactly sure why, but we hadn't visited them for years up in Wausau and we used to go there so often when all our kids were growing up.
We always had such great times with them so it was time to rekindle this friendship.
Not that the fire had gone out, but it needed some extra wood to keep it going and it is going strong again!  So happy for that.
We only had the day to go up because my kids sing in church so it was a lot of driving but the time in between was so worth the hours in the car.
We got up there about 11:00, had a yummy lunch at their house, talked non stop and then headed over to a country club for some snow shoeing and beer drinking.
We snow shoed 3.4 miles and drank beer at all the little beer stops along the way.
It was fun, but I was really tired after that.
They had a buffet of chili, beef stew and bread bowls so we had dinner right there before coming home to Watertown.
It was a wonderful day and I know we will get together more often from now on.

In other news, I have stuck with my exercise and good eating and have gotten to my first target weight.  I still have at least 10 lbs. to go, so I hope I can keep it up.  I will keep you updated.

Tiz has opened a slime business and she has her slime in two stores already.
She calls herself the Ethiopian Slime Queen.
Gotta love that girl and her ambition!
Until next time...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails