Sunday, January 22, 2017

Another weekend update

It's been an odd sort of week.
We had ice days on both Monday and Tuesday.  The roads were impassable due to the ice so schools were cancelled.
We already had a scheduled day off on Friday and half a day on Thursday, so my PM kids actually only had one afternoon of school last week.  I packed so much into that day, it was nuts,
The Packers beat the Cowboys last week, so now we are watching them lose very big to the Atlanta Falcons.  Not sure who these guys are, but  it is definitely not the team that played last week.
Oh well, it is time to pack the Packer jersey and leggings away for another season.
So glad we had a class Packer party two weeks ago or we wouldn't have been able to celebrate at all

I am starting back on my better eating and exercising program again.
The scale was at a larger number that it has ever seen and I needed to do something.
So far, it has been two weeks and I have been doing well.  I have only lost a few pounds but I feel so much better and I think I am sculpting my body a bit already.
I am hoping that by doing this faithfully for another week, it will become a habit.
I also hope to be down a few more pounds by my birthday.
John and I walked five miles today outside, the weather is unseasonably warm for January.  No school on Monday and Tuesday and then spring on the wknd.

Yesterday, John and I met Courtney, Paul, and the girls at the Todd Wehr Theater to see a play called Bronzeville.
It was an awesome play about an area of Milwaukee where many black families lived in the 1950's.  The area was called Bronzeville.
After the play, we went to The Water Street Brewery to eat dinner.  It was a nice day.
After they left to go home, John and I stopped at Binary Pub in West Allis.  I had learned about it online and was curious to see what it was all about.
It is a bar with all kinds of board games, so you can just sit around and drink beer and play games.
John and I played a few games that we had never tried before.  It's an interesting place and it would be fun with a group of people, I think.

Today we took our walk and then were hopeful as we turned on the Packers, but that was not to be today.
Oh well...

Oh, I almost forgot another little detail of this week.
The inauguration of Donald Trump happened on Friday and it was not without dispute and protest.
There was a big women's march on Saturday to protest Trump, although they will tell you it was for women's rights.  They all wore pink pussy cat hats to show solidarity.
It was crazy and certainly did not represent all women for sure.
Now, hopefully, we can move forward as a nation and see what this new president can do for us.
Hopefully it goes in a different direction than the Packer game.
On to a new week....

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails