Sunday, March 12, 2017

Starved Rock, Hunter Home, and Snow Storm on the Way

It's Sunday night again and you know what that means, another weekend is coming to an end.
Another weekend of memories is in the books.
On Saturday, we headed down to Bloomington to visit Alissa and Nathan.
The weather had been so nice so I wanted to go on a hike at Starved Rock State Park which is such a very beautiful spot in the middle of flat Illinois.
Suddenly on Thursday our weather took a nose dive, it was so cold.
I wasn't sure we would want to hike if it was too cold, but we took our stuff along anyway.
Since I am still counting my steps with  a new fitbit (old on bit the dust) I also wanted to walk to get those steps in.
It was actually very nice for hiking.
We hiked almost 4 miles and 9000 steps.





After our hike, we headed to Alissa and Nathan's all ready for a night out with beers and dinner.
They always take us to new and fun places and Saturday was no exception.
We started out at a new brewery for a few beers and then had dinner at a bar with all my favorite bar type foods.
I had a BLT just loaded with bacon on white bread!  Yes!
We went back to their house and had a few more beers and a lot of conversation which was great.

Today we watched Golden Girls and headed out after lunch.
We are home now awaiting a huge predicted snow storm, the biggest of the season or so they say!
I am not looking forward to that business, but it is march, so it cannot last, right?

Here are just a few little tidbits:
1.  I am down to 154 pounds which means that I have been working hard trying to get my 10000 steps each day and watching what I eat.  It has not been easy, but when my jeans fit again, it makes it worthwhile.
2.  I hope to keep going till I get down to my goal of 145 and then I hope to never go far from that number.
3.  Next Friday John and I leave for a few days (4 to be exact) in a little cabin in the Smoky mountains.  I am not sure what the temps will be like, but I am sure we will have a very good time and a much needed get away.
4.  Grandparent's Day at Tiz and Soli's school is this Wed and for the first time, I am going.  Yep, I am taking the day off and going to be a grandma.  So excited to do that.
5.  We booked another week on St. George Island this July.  We are long overdue for a visit.  I am hoping Courtney and family will join us, but I am not sure if that will work out  or not.  Either way, we are going to enjoy every minute of our SGI time.

I think that is all for now.
Here's to a great week, that goes by very quickly and to the weatherman being wrong this time!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails