Sunday, October 1, 2017

Another Weekend and Here Comes October!

Another weekend is over and just like that October is here!
It was a nice quiet weekend for John and I.
On Friday we did the shopping.  We are really enjoying the self checkout at Walmart.
We never thought we would like it, but we sure do.
The best part is that no one has to talk to us and we have no one to blame if we are slow!
After shopping we came home and watched some TV.
On Saturday we took a nice long walk to the post office to pick up my new phone and to collect fall leaves for my sensory table at school.
It was a beautiful fall day.
Since it has been so dry lately, the leaves are falling off the trees and immediately drying up so it is not a very pretty fall.
Oh and back to the new phone.
John's phone died so we decided to go with Consumer Cellular and both order i phones.  Our plan is much cheaper that the one we had with US cellular even with new phones.
Anyway I didn't even look at the new phone on Saturday.
I baked a few healthy pumpkin things on Saturday afternoon.
Yep, John and I are again trying to eat better and exercise more, we will see how that goes.
The sweets I made were good.
On Saturday night we went out with Joan.
We went to Anne's pizza in hales Corners.  It was very good.
We had a great time chatting and catching up with Joan.
We took pictures but they are on Facebook if you want to see them.

On Sunday, I started trying to activate my new phone before church.
So far, I have no service, of course, I don't!
We will see how this all works out.
After church, John and I took a long walk while he got an oil change at Farm and Fleet.
We ended up walking on the railroad tracks for quite a while to get from the baseball park back to Oak St.  I was very nervous that a train would come, but we made it safely back to Farm and Fleet.
We planted some bulbs and I baked a few more things.

It is going to be a stressful week at school since our childcare director was asked to leave her position.  Now my preschool teacher has to help out in the childcare, so that leaves me short handed, hopefully we can press on.
One day at a time for sure this week!
Until next time...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails