Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Oconomowoc Bike Trail - Take Two

Today was a beautiful day for a bike ride so John and I decided to give the trail in Oconomowoc another chance. If you recall, John got a flat tire four miles into this same trail a few months ago and we ended up tag teaming on my bike and walking his bike back. I decided to wear this shirt which I had found in Courtney's "rummage" stuff. Admittedly, it is a bit tight, but tight clothes are so much more aero dynamic for bike riding, right? This shirt drew a few looks and one comment from an old lady, but I am not sure if it was the fit or the message. I am not really a bitter woman but I could be... We started our ride at Imagination Station in Oconomowoc and rode a bit past Delafield for a total of 22 miles today. They ( whoever they are ) are in the process of finishing up some repair work on the trail. We did not heed the signs and went on the path at our own risk. Not exactly sure what the risks might be short of falling off one's bike. The paving was finished and the path is so smooth.
The scenery is very pretty with no less than four lakes to view. This is Upper or Lower Nenaben (I know that is not spelled right and I really don't know if it is upper or lower) We cross this lake whenever we drive on the I system to Milwaukee. We got a different view of the lake from the path.

And we discovered this view of Silver Lake from a side road we took off the beaten path. (It really isn't beaten, but I liked the phrase, it fit in here) This little beach area is in a condominium community with huge, huge brick homes bordering on mansions. Must be how the other half lives in this world. The community is called Vespera and I will never own a home there, but if I did I would

spend my time right here on this little beach area or out on this beautiful lake in my yacht or flying in my seaplane. (Notice the wings behind me)
In another neighborhood we bought two glasses of lemonade from three young entrepreneurs. They were so excited to have customers that they told us the lemonade was free to bike riders, but we paid $1.00 for it and the best part was it came from a Minute Maid carton, so we didn't worry about who put their germs into it!
When we arrived back at the park for our reward of a Diet Coke we ran into Lynne, Melissa, and the kids having a picnic. It was good to visit with them for a bit, but rather funny we had to find them at a park in Oconomowoc.
Anyway, Take Two on this bike trail made me anything but a Bitter Woman!



2 comments:

madj said...

It was, as usual, a good day. I am now ready for the stretch from Watertown to Cooney. we could conceivably ride from our door right to Carroll!

Kim said...

Sounds like a lovely day together.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails