Thursday, August 12, 2010

This, That, and The Other Thing

We are in the midst of a heat wave here in the midwest. We turned our AC on on Sunday night and it is still going strong on Thursday. If you know me, you know that I do not like to run the AC, but alas, we have no choice. Today is supposed to be the hottest day so far with heat indexes up to 100. Yikes!



With this wonderful, overheated month of August comes the promise of fall and the excitement of school starting. I am in the middle of nursery rhymnes, ABC projects, Bible stories, and way too many "teacher idea" manuels and it is making me a bit overwhelmed, but just like every other year, it will all fall into place and things will be fine. Breathe in, breathe out, move on.



Yesterday John and I took a trip into Madison to do some shopping. I still feel like I need something new to start out the year. We shopped at East Town and had a fun time. I was successful at JC Penney's where I found just enough new things to get the year rolling in style. (Stop laughing, JC Penney is my style!) We had a nice lunch at the food court and an ice cream treat at Dairy Queen on the way home. With John still out of work, it would probably be better to just stay home, eat in, and save money, but that is not how we roll. We still have to get out once in awhile, it is good for the spirit. We still do a bang up job of penny pinching most of the time.



Tizita along with her mama and papa are on vacation in Washington D.C. visiting some friends and the pandas at the National Zoo. I told her to take her little camera and when she returned we would work on a scrapbook together. I need to pass on the scrapbook bug to someone and since she is still young, Tiz is a willing participant. While I am missing her, I am so busy with school stuff that the days are just flying by. We have an end of summer time planned from Aug. 24-29 to spend with her here in Watertown with us. She will again attend my Preschool on Tuesdays, but since I have an afternoon class this year, I will miss spending time with her and Courtney in the PM's. It will be a different schedule, but we will adjust, always do.

This Saturday we are looking forward to going out with our friend, Joan and Alissa (Nathan is out of town) We will be going to Swig in the Third Ward of Milwaukee. Remember it will be good for the spirit!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails