Thursday, November 25, 2010

Another Thanksgiving is in the history books or in this case on the blog

We had a lovely Thanksgiving feast at Vikki's house today. She and her brother Sean did all the cooking and everything was very tasty indeed. It was just me, John, and my mom since our girls were off in other states eating turkey with out laws and then Kev, Mal, Vikki's mom, Sue and her significant other, Mr. Winters, her Aunt Ruth Ann and her significant other, Todd. Lots of significant others in this party-I guess John and I were the only married ones there today, huh!
Sometimes I worry about the dynamics of a new gathering like that with people we haven't met yet, but there was no need to stress even one bit. The men sat and ate in the living room while watching football and the ladies enjoyed our meal in the dining room and the conversations were easy and painless. Vikki comes from nice people.
Now I am wrapping a few presents and enjoying the tree and the village. My work here is almost done for Christmas. John is going to work tomorrow since he doesn't have vacation time yet, but I am also heading over to school for a bit, so all is good with that. He plans on doing the outside lights on Saturday so hoping that goes well and all the lights light.
Off to watch the Apprentice now, see who is fired this week.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails