Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A little bit of this and a little bit of that

No photos today, just some thoughts that I want to document so I can look back and remember them.
Today was the first really cold, blustery day that we have experienced this fall after our wonderfully warm weather up until now. There were a few snowflakes flying, but it all turned to rain by afternoon.
I put up the village last night. I reread past blogs and realized I was behind on my decorating, so without delay I jumped into it and finished not only the village, but wrapped up my pictures and some boxes to use for decorations, too. I really thought I wanted a real tree this year, but that idea is quickly leaving me because I realize with a real tree I can not put it up in the next day or two or it will be needleless by Christmas. I also remember vividly the trouble John and I always had putting that frickin' tree in the stand. I don't think that would have changed since I don't think anyone has invented a stand that loads the tree itself yet. Not to mention the needles which we would be picking up until next summer and really, does the smell ever really linger as much as we think it should? No, I am going downstairs to get the fake tree up as soon as I am done with this post. Done, done, and done.
I went out to lunch with Lynne today. We went to Upper Crust on a long overdue birthday lunch. Enjoyed good food and good conversation. It is always good to visit with Lynne. I appreciate her positive outlook on life. I am still confused about the bill, but as long as Lynne felt it was fair, I am fine with it. I hope we can get together soon again.
We will head over to Vikki's tomorrow for Thanksgiving. I am glad that I do not have to cook and I am glad that no one is here this year. It is going to be a nice, productive few days. I made two chocolate chip/pumpkin pies for Vikki's. I am looking forward to meeting her family and spending some time with them. Courtney, Paul, and Tiz will head to Iowa tomorrow and Alissa and Nathan will head to Bloomington later today. I wish them all good, safe travels and an enjoyable Thanksgiving. I will miss being together, but like I said, I am looking forward to a relaxing few days and we did have our Thanksgiving last weekend.
Well, I hear a tree calling me from the basement so I better go see what it wants.
Later...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails