Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Silent Auction Items

This year, John and I unfortunately were not able to attend the Alpha Resource Center's Silent Auction. We had attended the event for the last two years as guests of Ruth and Larry Parker and we had thoroughly enjoyed the event. I planned the trip up to see the Hubbards without consulting the date of the event this year and I did not want to cancel our trip to Medford since those are so difficult to schedule, too.
I donated two baskets to the auction this year, too. Both included hand made hats by Tizzy Dee and other fun items. I would have enjoyed seeing my items as they were bid on.
I came up with an idea. I asked Ruth and Larry if they would be willing to bid on some items for us. I gave her my limit and was even able to obtain a list of the auction items so I could indicate which ones I was interested in. My idea worked like a charm. John and I now have eight baskets of goodies in our possession and we were able to give a sizable donation to the Alpha Center, too. A win/win all around. This basket was called "from her to him," and included men's after shave, lotion, shampoo, and shaving cream as well as two bottles of wine, cheese, and a bread mix.

This is a chocolate lovers basket full and I mean, full of chocolates, all different kinds of chocolates! The basket is a small bushel basket and it is filled from bottom to over the top.


This is a Packer lovers basket with Cheesehead wine, Packer chocolate bars (yes, more chocolate), an ornament in green and gold, two wine glasses, and a Packer coaster. I am so thankful that the Packers are doing well this year or John may have not been thrilled with this package deal.

This was one of two coffee baskets. I do not like coffee, but I have plenty of people who do enjoy it, so it will not go to waste. Besides coffee, there are two mugs and cute coffee napkins in here.

This is a basket of toddler books which the teacher in me could not resist. Tizita already has many, many books in her library, but we need some boy type books for Nathnael and there are a good number in this basket about cars, trucks, trains, and dinosaurs. This is not to say that girls cannot read those books or that boys cannot read about princesses, but I still observe that Preschool boys like the typical "boys" things and Preschool girls prefer the typical "girls" things.

Our second coffee basket filled with Berres Brothers coffee made right here in Watertown.

This is goat's milk soap and lotions. I have recently read a lot about how wonderful goat's milk items are for one's skin, so I am anxious to try them out.

And, finally, my favorite basket is called a Busy Box for Grandkids and it is filled with so many fun items to keep a child busy. There are crayons, markers, coloring books, tablets, googly eyes, beads, craft kits, a juggling book and balls, a few easy readers, pencils, and many more great items. I am excited to use these with Tizita. I think we can get a full year out of this basket. New things each time she visits.


I have already marked the calendar for next year's auction. I am not going to miss it again, but I am so thankful that Ruth and Larry were so willing to bid for us.

















1 comment:

Kim said...

Looks like a lot of good loot!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails