Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Our Little Librarian

 You might have remembered from a previous post that I helped Tizita clean out a closet and create a library for her. 
She wants to be a Librarian, Lawyer, and Snowplower when she grows up, so she is busy practicing by running her own library for now.
I do not think she was too happy with the rather loud Soliana visiting the library here!
She has opened her library to the neighborhood and she has been quite busy checking out books.  Hopefully they will return the borrowed books.
 On my last visit, Tizita took her Librarian-in-Training program one step further by offering a storytime for Soliana.  In this first photo, you can clearly see that Soli is not too interested in the book, but I told Tizita to press on since little ones are often preoccupied and they hear you even if they appear to be totally distracted.
I told her about my good friend, Lynne who runs the story hours at the library and how often she has to just keep reading when the kids aren't paying attentiion.  A good librarian like Lynne can always get them back.
 Tiz just kept on reading and finally it paid off.
 Here you can see that Soliana took an interest in the book and until she started trying to tear out the pop ups, it was quite successful.
Eventually it became easier to make it a lap sit.
I am not sure if Tizita will grow up to be a librarian, a lawyer, or a snowplower, but I am sure that whatever she grows up to be, she will be great at it!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails