Saturday, August 4, 2012

Spending a few days in Oshkosh

 Lots of photos and few words in this post due to the fact that I am updating from our motel room in Mishawaka, Indiana where we are spending the weekend with our "long lost" friends, Patty and Tom.  That post will follow, so back to you previously scheduled post.
Last Wednesday, Courtney, Tiz, and Soli came out to Watertown to spend the day.  We met Lynne, Melissa, Meghan, Calvin, and Jacob at the pool for a fun filled play date.  It took Tiz awhile to warm up but once she did, Meghan and her got along famously.  They seem to share many of the same personality traits which helps.
I have been spending time with Meghan since she was a newborn baby and now she is eight and growing up into a wonderful young lady.  Where has that time gone?  We did manage to get all of them to pose on the swing and look at the camera at the same time, no small feat.  I look forward to many more happy times spent with them in the years to come.
 On Tuesday afternoon, I headed back to Oshkosh with Courtney and the girls to spend a few days before we left for our weekend here in Indiana.  My biggest thrill was taking both girls to the park by myself.  Soli was so excited for our outing.
 Here she is doing "so big" but just with one hand so she could hold on with the other.

 Tiz had to push her "baby", too.
 Of course, it is always more fun to push a real baby!  They had so much fun together and Tiz was a wonderful big sister today at the park.
 This may or may not have been a happy face, but I know that Soli enjoyed the swing ride and did not cry even though this looks like a sad face.  Thin line between laughing and crying at her age, I guess.
 Tiz wanted to take Tiz on the bucket swing and she carefully held her on there while I pushed them.
 Soli tolerated it all, probably wondering what the heck is going on here.
 We like the way Tiz's hair is flying on this pony ride she took.
 Soli enjoyed riding the rhino which I always called an elephant by mistake.  Fine Preschool teacher I am.
 Both of my beauties after a slide ride.
 And "So Big" yet again, this time with both arms.

 Fun in the tunnel.
 Being a good big sister, Tiz is teaching Soli how to do Pat a cake.
 Before we knew it, it was time to head home after our adventure.  Tiz gladly pushed Soli home.
The rest of the time was spent setting up a library for Tizita.  I will post a picture of that in the next post.  It was a great few days playing with my girls. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails