Thursday, November 22, 2012

Another Thanksgiving is on the books

 We had a two wonderful Thanksgiving celebrationns this year.
Our first one was on Wednesday night when the Van Aukens, the Hunters, and Mallory all came for pizza casserole.  I made a very cute veggie turkey plate and some awesome cake pops.
I will post about my cake pop fiasco in the next post, but for now it is all good.
 Tiz had lots of fun hanging out with Alissa and Cheddah as usual.
 Soli was just a joy as usual.  She wanted to sit at the table and spent time just waiting for dinner.
 When she was hungry enough she tried eating the tap lights.
 Of course, she spent time with her favorite guy, grandpa.
Here they are signing that they love each other.
 Soli warmed up to her godparents very quickly on this visit.
 The cousins had fun visiting together.
 Before dinner Tiz led us in her superhero prayer.



 Courtney and Alissa wanted pie on a stick so that is what they got.
This is an inside joke and it was enjoyed by all.
 Soli finally warmed up to Uncle Cheddah's blanket game and she loved it and kept signing for more.

 The Van Aukens left early for Iowa and Thanksgiving with Paul's family.
I put our turkey which was purchased by Kevin (21 lbs.) in the oven at 5:30 AM
We used Nathan's recipe and it was the best turkey ever.
I used a brine for the turkey for the first time and I will never cook a turkey any other way.

 Here are the guests at our second Thanksgiving dinner.
 
  After our yummy dinner, Mal, Lis, mom, and I headed to K mart for some shopping.
Great Thanksgivings all around for all of us!

Facebook was full of posts about all the things that people are thankful for on this day.
I don't buy into all that.  I think we need to be thankful everyday for all of our blessings.
To try and be all thankful on just one day of the year just isnt' right.
So while I love the extra days off of school, the family time, the turkey, and the shopping, I think we need to thank God for his goodness everyday of the year!

1 comment:

madj said...

In the picture of the first meal, who is the person at the end of the table with a lamp head?

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails