Thursday, April 25, 2013

Of Zumba and Hula Hoops

I have heard lots of things about Zumba.
I used to love going to Aerobics back in the 80's when my girls were little.
I even owned the records (yep, it was that long ago) with my favorite aerobic routines by Jackie Sorenson.
I had an itch to try Zumba since it sounded somewhat like an updated aerobics.
 
Well, on Tuesday after school, I had my first Zumba experience and I loved it.
It did, in fact, remind me of the old aerobics with a lot more hip shaking and belly moving.
I have a long way to go before I will know the more difficult moves, but the important thing is to just keep moving and I was able to do that.
I will be going back.
 
When I walked into the class, which, by the way, is held at my school and run by our day care director, so that in itself made it easier to try.
Anyway, when I first walked in, I saw a pile of hula hoops.
I immediately said, "I did not sign up for any hula hooping, I don't know how to keep it going."
Tonya, our instructor, showed me the secret (at least, I think it was a secret) to keeping the hoop going.
I can now hula hoop for hours on end if I want to.
The trick is in rocking back and forth as opposed to moving your hips in a circle.
I really impressed myself!
 
So Zumba and Hooping, welcome to my world.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails