Sunday, May 5, 2013

Our early Mother's Day Celebration

Charlie, my trusty weatherman, predicted a weekend of cool temps and rain.
Not a great prediction for my early Mother's Day weekend which I hoped would include a trip to Ebert's among other outside activities.
Courtney and Paul would still have Sitota and Delson with them, too, and I wasn't sure how four kids would be able to be housebound in our little house if the weather was bad, but
Charlie was wrong.
We had the best weather ever this weekend, sunny and warm on both Saturday and Sunday and we ended up having a perfect celebration.
Courtney, Lis and I started the weekend with a girls night out on Friday.
Paul and John held a movie night for all the kids so we could go out.
It was so nice to sit with my girls, drink beers, and just chat.
I loved it.
Saturday started out cool and cloudy.
I had a few activities to keep the kids busy.  We made shaker bottles, playdough, and watercolored.
The ladies (Courtney, Alissa, Soli, Tiz, Sitota, my mom, and I) went out for a ladies lunch.  We went to Applebees and had such a nice time.
Again, Paul and John entertained Delson.
By the time we had finished our lunch, the sun was shining and weather was warming up.
We headed to Ebert's.
 







 After purchasing some beautiful flowers at Eberts and just enjoying the scenery and together time, we came home.
We noticed many prom goers down at the park, so Courtney, Sitota and I walked down and enjoyed looking at all the beautiful dresses.  Sitota just loved it, I don't think she had ever seen so many pretty dresses in one place before.
John had made brats for dinner and we all enjoyed those.
It was another movie night for the kids and men while the ladies visited.  Mallory came over too, so it was nice to have her in the mix, also.
We all went to bed early.
 
On Sunday Courtney, Paul, Sitota, and Delson headed out early to get them home to thier parents who were returning from Haiti.
John, me, the little girls, and my mom left for church in Oshkosh where Tizita was singing and doing a flower ceremony for all the older people in the congregation.
It was a wonderful service, loved hearing Tiz sing.
We had a picnic lunch and took Soli and Tiz to their zoo and park.
It was a perfect grandparent day.
 
I loved everything about the weekend.
And here are the two reasons that I celebrate Mother's Day!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails