Saturday, May 11, 2013

The Post where I mention Gymtastics, Hula Hoops, Cube Steak, and Mother's Day

 Yesterday, my Preschoolers took our annual trip to Gymtastics.
Still the best field trip ever.
Kids have so much fun, Gymnastics employees take over my kids, and parents help.
I could leave and not even be missed, but I don't do that.  I just travel around and take pictures of all the fun.

 This trip is bittersweet because it means that the end of the school year is very near.
It means that I will be saying good bye to many of my students as they go on to other classrooms, some at our school and some scattered around the city.
The little boy making the big jump in the above photo has been in my class since he was just two.  I have been his teacher for four years and I am going to miss him.
Yesterday we sat together on the bus and talked about how different it will be when we are not together in a classroom.
The sweet part is that the year is coming to an end and that means summer is ahead.
A summer full of time spent with Tiz and Soli.
For that, I cannot wait.
 I am childless this Mother's Day.
We celebrated last weekend and will celebrate again next weekend, so I am not complaining.
John and I had wanted to go on a bike ride, but the weather is not very cooperative today, very, very windy and cool.
Instead I did some cooking and baking while John cut the lawn for the first time.
I bought myself the best Mother's Day gifts ever.
First I bought the cool hoop pictured.
Since I learned to hula hoop, I cannot get enough of it so this hot pink and gold hoop will serve me well.

 I also bought two new shirts for zumba and biking.
Since I am going to be working out, I figure I should look good while doing it.
 These are my badly needed PJ's.
 And finally, a new pair of shoes.
With these cute shoes how could working out not be fun!
 Now to the cooking/baking part.
Thanks to two over ripe bananas and a recipe on pinterest, I made these banana/applesauce muffins.
 Then I made this not potato salad that one of my friends posted on FB.
It has cauliflower in it instead of potatoes.
Looks really good, I am anxious to try it after it cools a bit.
 Finally I have cube steaks and gravy in the crock pot.
I have never made cube steaks before, but they are a comfort food I remember from my childhood.  Looking forward to them for dinner tonight.
Picked out this gerber daisy (my favorite, in case you didn't know) in a light up pot last night for myself, too.
 
I think I was really good to myself with gifts this year.
Happy Mother's Day to the best mom my girls ever had,
ME!

3 comments:

madj said...

Yes, happy Mother's Day to the beautiful mother of my only children. I'm glad you got what you wanted as gifts. BTW, the muffins are good!

Anonymous said...

More Help My God! Well and well!

Anonymous said...

buy propecia can i buy propecia in canada - propecia quit working

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails