Thursday, May 30, 2013

Nine years Ago Today

 Nine years ago today, we were on St. George Island celebrating Courtney and Paul's wedding.
I had ordered and/or bought no less than four dresses before I settled on this one and as I look at this picture, I have to ask myself, WHY?
It is definitely an unflattering one, but oh well, it was a great wedding, none the less.
I liked how all the ladies wore daisies in our hair.  I love daisies and I am so happy that I passed that love on to Courtney.
 It was a beautiful, sunny day on the beach as it always is on St. George Island.
We had rented a gorgeous beach home, Cloud Nine and the wedding took place right on the beach off the porch.
 Here is the wedding party.

 Our family and that ugly dress yet again.
 Courtney with her boys.
Johnny, TJ, and Nate the Great made the long trip all the way to Florida to be a part of Courtney's big day.
These boys have been in her life since kindergarten and I think they would do anything for Courtney.
 Here is the transportation from the beach ceremony to the reception at a bayside restaurant where we enjoyed the most delicious food and music by a band created just for this occasion.
 Dad and Daughter share that special dance.
 And Alissa shares a cigar with the "boys."
Alissa had not yet met her future husband, Nathan.
I can only imagine how much he would have enjoyed this wedding.
Uncle Kev and Alissa share a moment over a cigar!
We are going back to St. George this summer with Courtney and family, Alissa, my mom, and Mallory.
It is going to be a great vacation on an Island full of memories.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails