Saturday, June 1, 2013

Glacier Drumlin Trail - Dousman - Waukesha

 Today was a beautiful day for a bike ride.
We debated a few trails and finally decided on the Glacier Drumlin starting in Dousman and going to Waukesha.
Our first little stop was in Wales.

 I remembered from previous rides that the trail from Waukesha to Wales is uphill, but I didn't need to be reminded of that fact by two other bikers about our age.  They always ride from Waukesha to Dousman, not the other way around, so the down hills are at the end of the ride.
Well, people, who I don't really care about, I didn't need to hear that and have it reinforced for me.  Now that uphill ride back was in my mind and I knew it would seem harder than it needed to be.
Oh well, we press on.
 This is the very Eastern end of the Glacier Drumlin located by Prairie Park in Waukesha.
I am hoping we can ride the entire trail again this summer.
We purchased our annual bike pass for all the state trails and today the DNR ranger told us the trails are free, but we are still set for the rest of summer.
 Saw this sign and it reminded us of the days when Courtney worked for Swimtastic.
 We headed up to our alma mater, Carroll College which is now Carroll University, but will forever be Carroll College to John and I .

 We had lunch at Subway and then went to check out Frame Park.

After our ride of 31 miles, we had our sunroof open and it is as close to a convertible as we will ever get, but it was great, none the less.
I just want to document this little tidbit about this portion of the Glacier Drumlin.
This is called a recreational trail, but there are way too many speed bikers on this trail for the safety of the average family that might want to use it with little kid bikes, buggers, or tag a longs.
I feel the racing bikers should take their ride to a different venue.
Just my humble opinion.
I will also document for those readers who may want to ride this  trail, there are plenty of bathrooms along the way and also places to get a treat or a bite to eat.
The scenery is beautiful, but remember that the ride is uphill from Waukesha to Wales.
It feels good to have put in 31 miles and still be walking around!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails