Sunday, June 9, 2013

We have a First Grader among us

 On Wednesday evening, we (Gigi, John, and I) went up to Oshkosh to see Tizita in her Celebration of Learning program.
We enjoyed her class of ten singing their favorite songs from throughout the school year.
 This is her teacher, Mrs. Seckar, who, by the by, reminds me of me if the way that she teaches and reacts to the kids.
I figure she is one very good teacher.
 As you see, Tizita was one of the shorter kids, but she was not the shortest.
Here she is performing one of their songs with sign language.
 Each of the students prepared a time capsule to be opened on their High School graduation.
Mrs. Seckar talked about each child while presenting them with their box.
My only fear is that Courtney will forget where she puts that box.  It is many years until Tizita graduates from high school.  Sometimes things get lost in the Van Auken home, they seem to have a black hole.

 Tizita brought her time capsule to her mama before returning to watch a video with her classmates of their year in review.
The teacher made a copy of the dvd for all the students.
She used the song, "Let the be Little" for one of the sections of the video and I don't think there was a dry eye in the place.
I love to watch programs from the other side and get new ideas for my "end of the year" celebrations.
This was definitely one of the best I have seen.
 Tiz requested an ant farm for her gift and that is what she got.
This one is just like the one her mama had.
Long story, short, Courtney's ants escaped one day when Alissa and a friend tipped the ant farm upside down, panicked, and it opened up.  We have had many laughs over that story once the trama was over.
 We went to the sweet shop and bought a blue moon cupcake for Tiz.
 She reported that the cupcake was very good.
 Soli enjoyed a chocolate raspberry one.
I was able to spend a few days with my girls.
On Friday we went to Bay Beach in Green Bay and continued our celebration with a day of rides.
More on that to follow.
Hard to believe that we have a first grader among us!
Time flies.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails