Sunday, August 10, 2014

Rethinking that vacation during Riverfest

In yesterday's post, I was all about planning a vacation so we would not be around for Riverfest, but today I am changing my tune and my vacation plans.
John and I went down again on Saturday night to see the Screamin' Mummies.
John had heard they put on a good show and he wanted to check it out, so we did.
Before we went down we had a PJ's pizza and were prepared to use the remainder of our tickets on beers.
The Mummies were fine, nothing to write home about, but fine.
About halfway through the show, we packed up our chairs and moved to the Miller Beer tent area where we are more comfortable anyway.
Nathan Suhr who has become our "son" joined us.
At some point, Jake Leibl, our old principal came over and talked to us.  It felt so good to see him again and he was looking buff and happy.  I gave him a big hug and wished him well on his trip to China.
More chit chat and beers with Nathan.
He asked if he could stay at our house for the night since he did not feel safe driving home.
Of course, we said  yes so we all walked up after the show.
We all had another beer or two in the basement.
Nathan was sitting between John and I on the couch, it was pretty funny.
I woke up this morning with Nathan having coffee with my mom.
Too funny!
He says he loves our family.
We also got to visit with Amy Bigelow on Saturday when she asked to park her car in our driveway while she went to her class reunion at the park.
It was so good to see her again, looks just like her mom.
Riverfest sometimes does bring out some old, precious friendships.
So I would say that Saturday was quite fun at the fest after all.

On Sunday after church, John and I went and looked at the cars in the car show.
We went back down for the Pat McCurdy show.
It was awesome.
We have only seen Pat once before after an Admirals game, but we were looking forward to his show and it did not disappoint.
He even picked John out of the crowd and made a song about him, his moustache, and Watertown.  It was so much fun to sing and dance along with his songs.
We were sitting way up close, too, which made it even better.
So, after the fun these past two days, I will have to reconsider the vacation during Riverfest.
Now I better stay around so I don't miss any fun and don't renewing some old friendships.
Carry on.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails