Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Another First is in the Books

According to my calculations, today was my 36th or thereabouts "first day" as a teacher.
I have had other "first days" as a student and as a parent.
One thing does not change.
It does not matter if it is your first "first" day or your 36th "first" day, there is always that excitement laced with anxiety that goes with any "first" day.
I have watched parents shed tears as they drop their babies off at my Preschool.
I have watched more students than I care to remember shed tears as they are "left" in my classroom.
But today was different.
For the first time in all my years, I did  not have a crier!
I can only speak for the students, I am sure a few parents shed a tear or two.
What a blessing.
If the day is any indication of what the school year will be like, I think it is going to be one terrific year!
Here are just a few pictures of the smiles I saw today.










Bring on the year, I am ready!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails